Glogster

GLOGSTER Link: http://www.glogster.com/jessicajarassic/myglogster *** Copy and Paste

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A child called it

In the novel I am reading there are many scenes that really stand out and catch my eye. These scenes are mainly focused on physical and emotional child abuse. In the novel "A child called it", David a ten year old boy is constantly being abused my his mother. David is starved, Beaten, forced to do unbearable tasks, called names and harshly neglected. The scene that really gets to me is when David has just come home from school and his mother is under the influence of Alcohol, She grabs him by the arm, forces him into the kitchen turns the stove on high and holds his arm over the flame. As David is crying she lets him go after a few seconds he falls to the floor blowing on his wound. His mother then wants David to get on top of the stove and lay across the burners. Luckily for David his father arrives home from work so Davids mother sends him downstairs to his room also the garage. David is now left to suffer from his wounds that were purposely inflicted by is mother. This scene makes me emotional as I would like to confront and make the mother go through the same thing David did. The power of  his mother physically forcing him to do this is absolutly insane. I could never see my mother or any normal good parent ever doing this to their child.

1 comment:

  1. I really wanted to read this book because it seemed like such a powerful book. I liked how you explained the scenes and I agree with your last sentence, I don't get how a mom could ever do such a thing to their kids, it's hard to imagine.

    ReplyDelete